School Logo

Our History

There has been a school in Crawley Down since 1851. It was originally for children aged up to 14. In 1973 the school was split into Burleigh Infant School and Crawley Down Junior School, with a new building initially for the Infant School followed by a new building for the Juniors on the same site a few years later.

Following the retirement of the Headteacher of Burleigh in the summer of 2005, plans were put in motion for the re-amalgamation of Burleigh Infants and Crawley Down Juniors. The new school opened in September 2006 in the existing buildings and extensive construction work during 2007 has provided a modern extension to the existing previous Junior School site.  

Due to the increase in pupil numbers and the growth of the village and surrounding areas a new extension has been built.  The building opened fully in September 2020.